Hello my lovely friends!
Since it's weekend, I decided to skip talking about beauty today and show you what else I've been up to lately. This week I was craving for something sweet with lemon, so I went to my beloved Pinterest and looked for a cookie recipe that has lemon inside. I found plenty of them and I decided to try one that required only a few ingredients and was not so hard to make. I can honestly say, that these were the best lemon cookies I ever tasted and with such an easy recipe, I'm sure that I'll be making them often from now on. Read on if you're interested to know how I made them.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar ( I used almost a cup because the type of sugar that I had is not so sweet)
- 2 eggs ( the original recipe has one large egg, but I did not have that so I decided to go for 2 small ones)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice ( I used lemon extract because I like it better)
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Powdered sugar
1. Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until you obtain a fluffy creme.
3. Add the eggs one at a time and mix them in the creme.
4. Add the lemon zest and lemon extract or juice.
5. Gradually add all the flour and mix it until it's well incorporated.
6. With the help of a teaspoon, take some dough and roll it into small balls, then place them on a baking sheet.
7. Slightly flatten the little balls with the help of a fork.
8. Bake the cookies untill they became golden brown, then transfer them immediately to a plate and dust them with the powdered sugar.
The cookies didn't turn out so soft, like the original recipe said they would, but they were still a big hit. What makes me say that? Well, if my daughter, that doesn't like anything with lemon, loved them so much that she couldn't get enough, I consider them to be a succes.
The lemon cokies are also good in time, so you can make more and store them in a cookie jar. That way you have all the time in the house a treat for yourself and for your family.
I also consider the recipe very versatile. For example, you can always use other flavour, if you're not a fan of lemon, like orange or something else.
If you are interested in the original recipe of these cookies, you can find it here.
Tell me, what do you think of this recipe. Is it something that you would like to try yourself or you prefer other types of sweets? Share with me your recipes, I would love to try it out!
Until next time, take care and don't forget to smile!