Yes, it's here! The holiday season, that everyone was waiting for has arrived. It's that magical time of the year, when we gather around family and friends to celebrate.
Unfortunately, this is also a period of over eating and weight gain, so if you want to make sure that the turkey is the only one stuffed this winter holiday, take a look at the next tips and try to make some healthy decisions for this season.
1. Think more about socialising and not at the food - Try to have fun and meet new people or spend time with your relatives. Think about the reason you are celebrating and not at the good food that's beeing served.
2. Plan what you will eat - When you arrive at the party, check your food options and splurge on what you like most, making everything else a healthy version.
3. Don't arrive to the party on an empty stomach - If you do, you will be tempted to eat more. Have a small sandwich, or a salade before you go.
4. Select small portions - Moderation is the key here. By choosing a smaller portion, you can control your calorie intake and enjoy your meal.
6. Eat slowly - Take small bites and take your time and enjoy your meal. It is not a race!
7. Leave the table when you are done - The longer you stay there, the more tempted you are to take another snack and the calories will keep on counting. So offer to do the dishes, or take a long walk, anything that will keep you away from eating again.
8. Don't forget to excercise - Make time to do some exercises, at least half an hour a day. It reduces stress and gives you more energy.
9. Learn how to cook healthy holiday recipes - For every delicious holiday recipe, there's another healthier version. You can check the internet, or buy a special recipe book, the main thing is that it's possible to enjoy the delish holiday food without adding extra kilo's.