The desire to try out a Beauty Blender started soon after they hit the market. Everyone was crazy after this miracle sponge. The fact that it’s not such a budget friendly product made me want to wait and see if I can get it on sale someday.
Lucky for me, my wish came true last year, when I found this baby half price. I tried the Real Techniques sponge and my beloved Ebelin sponge, so now I can make a comparison and see which one is the best. Enjoy!
In the beginning, the Beauty Blender could be found only in one colour, pink. Now, there are several colours available and other Beauty Blender tools meant to help you have a flawless makeup.
Beauty Blender’s official description:
” The world’s first edgeless, non-disposable, high-definition cosmetic sponge applicator. The unique shape and exclusive material available only with beautyblender® ensures impeccable, streak-free application with minimum product waste. Use it with primers, foundations, powders, cream blushes, and any other complexion product.
beautyblender® features an open cell structure that fills with small amounts of water when wet. This allows the sponge to be “full” so that the makeup product sits on top of the sponge rather than being absorbed, allowing you to use less product every time. When wet, beautyblender® doubles in size and becomes even softer, returning to its original size when it air dries.“
The colour of the Beauty Blender was a very bright red, when I bought it, but when I washed it the colour started to wash off. I use almost 3 weeks now and the colour washes off every single time. In the beginning, I really thought that all that red will go onto my face, but luckily that wasn’t the case.
There are the steps that I follow every time I use the Beauty Blender (not only this but any other makeup sponge):
1. I put the Beauty Blender under the tap and squeeze it gently so the water soaks in evenly. I do this a few times until the Beauty Blender has doubled its size and them I squeeze all the extra water off.
2. I wrap the Beauty Blender in a towel and after that in a tissue to get all the extra water off.
3. I apply small dots of foundation on my face and with gentle moves, I dab it onto my face. I usually use the round part of my face and the pointy part of my eye and nose area.
– Creates a flawless air-brushed finish
– Easy to use
– Makes makeup application so much quicker
– Easy to cleanse
– Travel friendly
– Colour faded with usage and washing