What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of Liverpool? I bet you would say The Beatles because here is The Beatles birthplace, but there’s more to this exciting city. In case you did not know, Liverpool is among the most popular destinations in the Uk, so if you’re looking for a vibrant city, full of character, then you should totally check it out.
Still not convinced? Then I’ll give you five more reasons of why you should consider Liverpool for your next city trip. Enjoy!
1. Culture – In 2008, Liverpool was the European capital of culture so it won’t come as a surprise the multitude of art galleries and museums that you can find here. Some of the city’s top art galleries include the Tate Liverpool, the Walker Gallery where you can see pieces that date back to the 13th century, the Blue Coat that can be found in the city’s centre oldest building and many many other interesting places that burst with history and culture.
2. The Beatles – I don’t think that there’s anyone who hasn’t heard of this legendary band, so if you are a fan, or you’re just curious to find out more about them, then this is the place to be. Liverpool is proud to be the birthplace of this iconic band and has a lot of attractions that The Beatles fans will love! You can visit the Beatles Story and find out more about them and their time in the band. You can take the Magical Mystery Tour that will take you through various Beatles landmarks, visit the Cavern Club where the band had more than 300 shows. Let’s just say that if you’re a Beatles fan, Liverpool is pure heaven for you!
3. Shopping at Liverpool One – This place is every shopaholic’s dream because there are over 170 shops, bars and restaurants, so Liverpool One has something for everyone! Paradise Street is the place to be if you are looking for a little retail shopping. Here you find the well known H&M, Zara and many others. If you’re looking for the latest trends and some high-end shopping, then you should probably check out St Peter’s Lane.
After a long day of shopping, nothing better than enjoying a good meal and a nice drink at the restaurants and bars in Liverpool. Here you can find something for every taste and cuisines from all around the world. So it’s not heaven just for the ones that are passionate about shopping, it’s a heaven place for foodies too.
4. Visit the Albert Dock – This is the largest group of Grade I listed buildings in Britain and home to Tate Liverpool, several of the city’s museums and some of the best places to shop, eat and drink.
5. The people – This one is the main reason you should pack your bag and visit Liverpool right away. Scousers are pretty amazing people; funny, friendly and fiercely loyal. I can guarantee you will be welcomed with a smile in Liverpool.