Fashion changes constantly, the trends of today might not be tomorrow and with that in mind, is it worth investing in fashion essentials that might get out of style faster than light, or it’s wiser to invest in classic fashion es that are timeless?
I know what you’re thinking and I have to say it’s not true! With the right accessories you have the power to transform every classic piece from your wardrobe and bring it to today’s trends, so you don’t have to worry that you will look outdated.
Because fashion is a big part of our lives and because we all have to look our best, I’ve created a list of fashion essentials that should really be a must in every woman’s wardrobe. Curious enough? Then read on and let’s discover timeless fashion together!
- Little Black Dress – This piece is a MUST! It’s the true definition of classic, feminine and elegant in my opinion. The key is to keep the model simple and accessorize it to your liking. You can wear it during the daytime, with a cardigan/jacket and some pearls. You can wear it when you’re going out on a date, with some fancy earrings and a killer red lipstick, the possibilities are endless.
- White/striped T-shirt – Another fashion piece that should be in everyone’s wardrobe! It doesn’t matter if you’re a fashionista or not, a T-shirt is such a versatile piece and it’s so easy to style, so you really have to have it. I always go for white, black or striped tee’s because they are very easy to style and you’re out of the door in no time!
- Jeans – And we arrived at my favorite piece of clothing! I would wear jeans all the time if I could, that’s how much I love them. They are comfortable, versatile and you can style them with everything. You can find them in a multitude of styles, so you really have to try a few pairs out and see which one suits you the best, but keep the model simple, remember, we are talking about classics!
- Cardigan – If you’re looking for a good layering piece or you’re just trying to stay warm, a cardigan is a solution! When I think of this piece, I think of grace, feminity and a chic style. Also, you can wear it with just about anything, as long as you don’t overdo.
- Tailored skirt – This piece is the image of sophistication and elegance. You can wear it to meetings, dinner parties or whenever you feel the need to dress up more elegant.
- Tailored jacket – This is another versatile piece that should not miss from a woman’s closet! Make sure that it’s fitted because that way it will add that feminine touch to any outfit.I really love this particular one from Tommy Hilfiger, it’s perfect for a stylish casual look and elegant enough for an office look.
- Trenchcoat – This piece adds a feminine and elegant touch to every outfit. Style it with your office clothes, for a formal and elegant look or you can use it to style your casual outfit for a touch of elegance.
- Shoes – Now, ladies I think this is what we love the most, don’t we? One can simply not have enough shoes, I’m telling you! But which shoes should be a must in our wardrobe?
- Ballet flats – chic, feminine and very comfortable. A must!
- Sneakers – we all need to have one (or more) pair of sneakers. They are beyond comfortable and provide great support whether you’re at the gym, running or hiking.
- Black heels – these are a must-have! Whether you’re going out, at the office they are a classical piece that should not miss from your closet, plus, if you choose a good pair, they can last you a lifetime!
- Sandals – how can you go through the summer without a pair of strappy sandals? Like with other classical pieces, try to keep the model simple. That way you can style them with more outfits.
- Boots – they are comfortable and a must in the cold season.
Because I love shoes (surprise, surprise) and I really love the style and creativity of Stella McCartney I’ve made a small list of pieces from her that I would really like to add to my collection.You can find them on Lyst and Farfetch!
For me, these pieces are an absolute must and I couldn’t imagine my wardrobe without them! What are your to-go pieces? Would you add something else to this list?