I know that I am a little late to the party since Mother’s Day is just around the corner, but I really wanted to share with you this gift guide and who knows, maybe to inspire you a little.
I have to say that I did not care much for Mother’s Day until I became a mother myself. You know what they say, you have to go through a situation to actually feel it completely. This was the case with me and Mother’s Day.
Now, don’t get me wrong, I was buying my mom flowers and I was trying to make her day special, but it had a different charm when you’re a mother yourself.
Without getting more sentimental, I thought it would be a good idea to create a small gift guide for anyone that’s having trouble with their Mother’s Day presents. It can be a little tricky to get the right gift, but not impossible and that’s what we’re going to talk about today.
But what is it that a mother wants? Hmm, tough question! The answer differs from person to person but I believe that the gifts I included in this gift guide are very nice and every woman would love them!
1. A handmade card from the children/child – I love these! They really make my heart melt and they always, but always make me cry! I know that my children love me, but to receive something that they made especially for me, it really means the world to me!
2. Flowers – This is a pretty standard gift, but I am a person who loves flowers very much and I always love a nice bunch! Add to that a lovely chocolate box and there you have it, a lovely gift that won’t break the bank and it will show you care!
3. Something memorable – I think I’ve said it here before, I love watches and I have a small collection that I am very proud of. I think that a nice watch makes a perfect gift, no matter the occasion. My favorite watches at the moment are the ones from Adexe. I’ve discovered them recently and they simply amazed me with the gorgeous design and outstanding quality.
I already have two watches from them and I adore them! I have the THEY watch, a gorgeous Silver & Blue watch that looks amazing on any outfit and the FORESEER; I simply love them! The Adexe watches come nicely packed in an elegant white box and they make a wonderful Mother’s Day gift.
4. Books – Who doesn’t love a good book? I know I do! I love them, love to buy them and love to receive them. A book is like a break from everyday life, it’s relaxing and if it’s given by someone dear to you it can even make a great memory of the event in time.
What books should you buy? Well, that depends on what your loved one likes to read. Can be a book that she had a long time on her wishlist, a novel, a romance, just about anything and don’t forget to write a nice message inside too.
5. Perfume – I think every woman loves a good perfume and perfumes are always a good idea, so what not offer one as a Mother’s Day gift? I received a perfume from my eldest daughter last year and every time that I use I think of that day.
There’s something magical about perfumes reminding us of a certain time when we use them. So amazing!
These are just a few gifts that I received in time or that I would love to receive. In the end, it doesn’t really matter what you get to your mom, it matters that you love her and you have to let her know that with every chance that you’ve got! Happy Mother’s Day!